Showcase your creative talent in the area of design and plan to participate in
PIAG’s 4th Annual Design Excellence Competition!
We know the association is full of great designers, so we want to give you the chance to showcase that talent. PIAG is making a call for entries for the Design Excellence Competition. You will be asked to create the official award certificates to be used at the ImPRESS 2018 Awards Celebration at Atlanta’s Fox Theatre on Thursday, August 9.
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your design seen by hundreds of individuals in the print industry. Deadline for entries is Friday, May 4 at Noon.
To enter your design, please complete a 2018 Design Excellence Competition Entry Form.
Required Design Elements to be Included
- Designs must include space for the following elements:
- placement of the award title (category)
- the recipient’s company name
- the title of winning piece
- two signature lines, and
- indication of year “2018”.
- Designs must also include either the PIAG logo OR the statement “Printing and Imaging Association of Georgia Presents”.
Rules & Requirements for Entry
Entries are limited to Georgia-based designers only. Designers must be payroll employees or students of member or non-member companies, design organizations or schools. PIAG member designers entries are FREE.
A designer is allowed to enter a maximum of two entries for the contest.
All entries submitted into the contest will be become property of the Printing and Imaging Association of Georgia (PIAG). No entries will be returned to the designer. PIAG reserves the right to make alterations to designs if needed.
*School Division Only* All student entries must be submitted by the instructor with the designer’s name, school or organization, and instructor’s contact information.
This year, PIAG will be transitioning to an online submission form and only accepting entries submitted through this system. No printed entries will be accepted.
To enter, fill out the 2018 Design Excellence Competition Entry Form. The form will require an upload of the design being entered. Please note, only PDF or EPS files can be uploaded. The designers with the winning entry will be contacted for all necessary design files.
Deadline For Entry
- Submission deadline for entries in the 2018 Design Excellence Competition is Friday, May 4 at Noon. No late entries will be accepted.
- PIAG member employees, AIGA and other graphic art organization designers, and students: Free
- Non-Members: $25*
*PIAG staff will make payment arrangements after the entries have been submitted.
- Each year, PIAG staff members select graphic specialists from both in-state and out-of-state firms. These individuals will be asked to serve as a judge for the competition. Judges will be asked to select up to two winners.
Awards and Recognition
The winners of the Design Excellence Competition will receive recognition in the following ways:
- Recognition at ImPRESS 2018 at Atlanta’s Fox Theatre on August 9
- Inclusion in the 2018 Print Excellence Awards Annual, a publication mailed to selected media specifiers
- 1 complimentary set of printed award certificates for the artist’s portfolio
- Cash prizes will be awarded to winner(s)
Isn’t it time to impress others? Submit the winning design TODAY!
Questions can be sent to [email protected] or call us at 770-433-3050.
Past Winners of Design Excellence Competition